Approaching 2011 with the Leadership of the Cougar


Every year I look forward to doing some goal setting at the end of December, often due to the holiday I end up doing mine the first couple of days in January. While I have set up some professional goals I have been waiting for some quiet time to set my personal goals. I have thought quite a bit about it but I do intend to write out a detailed plan. When I want something I plan.... despite what 'The Secret' says, I believe that it requires a little more then some positive thinking - Positive thinking can go a long way; however I believe that they need to be a little more directed. Sitting down and writing out your intentions will certainly help you to achieve them, especially if you add the actions of following though.
This is without a doubt the best way for me to achieve what I want.

That being said last night I kept dreaming about Cougars, so I looked up the totem and here is what is says:

This is a very powerful, but very difficult totem. 
Cougar medicine is the lesson of the use of power,
how to be an effective, fair leader and not abuse power.
This totem’s gift is how to balance power, intention, strength and grace. 
It is the balance of body, mind and spirit.  
The first responsibility of leadership is truth. 
Remember:  Responsibility is no more than the ability to respond to any situation. 
Cougar can teach you how to bring out your power
and fill your heart with it that will enable you to take charge of your life. 
You can use Cougar power to defend yourself or to attack. 

(This is an excerpt taken from Lin's Domain )
I think this is a great philosophy to take with me into the New Year, and tonight as I set my goals and intentions forth I will be taking this into consideration.


No comments:

Post a Comment