Growing a Kombucha Mother Week 1

Well, it certainly is growing. I really just tried it all out as an experiment. But it seems to be working!
As I mentioned in my first post, I had bought the Kombucha originally to try out its affects and benefits for digestive health, which I believe is so important for your overall health. If your body is stuck using all of its energy digesting foods, especially the mis-combined, difficult foods that so many of us eat today then other bodily functions can be weakened or not given the energy that they need to function to their fullest potential. I have been focused on cleansing and supporting my body for a while now and this Kombucha stuck out to me but what I have been learning about it is incredible. It has very powerful detoxifying properties and is a source of vitamins and minerals including B1, B2, B6 and B12, C, amino acids, enzymes and several pro-biotic organic acids.

Here is what it looks like after it has been brewing for 1 week:


You can see how a film has developed on the top. That is your Symbiotic Culture of Yeast and Bacteria or SCOBY, you may see this called a 'Mushroom' in other places but its not a mushroom at all, its Yeast and Bacteria. The yeast here is not conducive to Candida so there is no need to be alarmed, although you may want to be cautious and start slow should you have problems with Candida. Here is what it looks like from the top view:


It looks kind of like brains doesn't it? You can see though how it has formed a pretty thick layer, this is Live Culture lives off of the sugar and caffeine in the tea. I stuck a straw in there to see what it tastes like and it was sweet and tangy like cider. I thought it may be a little too sweet yet, but thought that was a good sign that there is still adequate sugar for this culture to live off of. Check back to see what it looks like a week from now!

No comments:

Post a Comment